cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to remove second address line if empty

Using the "populate ms word template" to create a mailing address in a word document from a JotForm submission. Using the Plain Text Content Control within my MS Word template.

With two address lines, things are good. When there is only one, how do I get the blank line that would be used for the second address line, to disappear, and present the address properly

Like this:

FirstName LastName

Street1

Tampa FL 33620

not like this:

FirstName LastName

Address1

Tampa FL 33620

Data is coming in via JotForm. Each address piece is a different field.

address.JPG

I've tried using {IF statements, etc.. but since these are not mail merge fields, none of that has been helpful. I tried setting it as a bookmark, and then using IF {REF Bookmark} "" , but only received an error that the condition wasn't found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to remove second address line if empty

Hi @Ken_Short ,

It seems that you want to remove a control if Flow does not fill the control with any values.

I think Flow does not support this function. The work of Populate MS Word template is to fill the corresponding values for the configured controls. It does not support setting or editing the controls stored in the template.

Maybe you could solve your problem by setting up Word Online Templates, please consider submitting your question here to see if you can get the right method:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365/Word-online-Templates/m-p/78748

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to remove second address line if empty

Hi @Ken_Short ,

It seems that you want to remove a control if Flow does not fill the control with any values.

I think Flow does not support this function. The work of Populate MS Word template is to fill the corresponding values for the configured controls. It does not support setting or editing the controls stored in the template.

Maybe you could solve your problem by setting up Word Online Templates, please consider submitting your question here to see if you can get the right method:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365/Word-online-Templates/m-p/78748

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (7,161)