cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eng
Level: Power Up

How to see which approvers to chase using start and wait for an approval v2

Hi

I have a working flow to approve design documents which sends an request for approval to around 6 people using the start and wait for an approval v2.  All approvers need to approve, before the document status is changed to approved.   the documentThis works fine, however, I would like to be able to see who is outstanding on the approval so I can chase them.  As it stands afaik, I can see that the flow has got as far as the start and wait for approval - but until everyone has responded I can't get any information as to who has not responded.  Any idea gratefully received.

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-lin-msft
Level 8

Re: How to see which approvers to chase using start and wait for an approval v2

Hi @Eng,

Hi @nilesp,

You can deposit your Approvers in SharePoint list according to you need, and add a column named Response to mark to status of approver response.Annotation 2019-06-18 104601.png

If you build your approval process as follows, it might simplify your approval process.

Step1: Get items of the Approver List.

Step2: Create action Start and wait for an approval (V2), and append the ApproverEmail.

-If the approver response the approve request, update the item set the Response as Yes.

Annotation 2019-06-18 135253.png

Step3: Since your approvers number are 6, and they're approved at the same time. you could set the action of Apply to each by click the Settings, and set the Concurrency Control as On, and turn up  the Degree of Parallelism to 6. So that ,the 6 approve requests could send at the same time.Annotation 2019-06-18 135307.png

Annotation 2019-06-18 135359.png

I hope it can help you. If you still have questions, please contact us.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I haven't tried this but one thing you could look at is to have a number of Start and wait for approval actions in a parallel branch, each one going to a different approver. And you could have a column in your SharePoint list for each approver and decision. That way you could tell easily who had not approved and send a reminder to them.

Rob
Los Gallardos 

v-lin-msft
Level 8

Hi @Eng,

Hi @nilesp,

You can deposit your Approvers in SharePoint list according to you need, and add a column named Response to mark to status of approver response.Annotation 2019-06-18 104601.png

If you build your approval process as follows, it might simplify your approval process.

Step1: Get items of the Approver List.

Step2: Create action Start and wait for an approval (V2), and append the ApproverEmail.

-If the approver response the approve request, update the item set the Response as Yes.

Annotation 2019-06-18 135253.png

Step3: Since your approvers number are 6, and they're approved at the same time. you could set the action of Apply to each by click the Settings, and set the Concurrency Control as On, and turn up  the Degree of Parallelism to 6. So that ,the 6 approve requests could send at the same time.Annotation 2019-06-18 135307.png

Annotation 2019-06-18 135359.png

I hope it can help you. If you still have questions, please contact us.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

>