cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to send information from Excel to outlook e-mail

I am trying to create instance flow for sending datas from excel to e-mail.

But power automate require some informations and I have no idea what does it mean.

What kind of information should I input to 'Table', 'Key row', 'Key value' in Excel flow? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to send email based on excel file but are confused to some input while configuring flow. Here are the related information for your reference:

“Table”

Table is created in excel in advance while we preparing excel file. This is a identified part for which sheet you want to use from excel file. We can create table

v-duann-msft_0-1617344836374.png

Since you didn’t mention about your actual requirement and action you want to use, I will take ‘update a row’ action as example which contains ‘table’, ‘key column’ and ‘key value’ area together.

After we set up table in excel, you will be able to select ‘table’ which is detected by flow automatically.

v-duann-msft_1-1617344836377.png

For ‘key column’ and ‘key value’, they are used for identify unique value from your excel.

Key Column: It can be whatever column you want in a table that can serve as a reference to indicate what is the row that will be modified. Make sure that it has unique values, because an error will be generated if duplicate values in this column are generated.

Key Value: It is whatever unique value you want in the Key Column to indicate what is the row that you want to update.

Example: If you have a table with two columns: Column1 and Column2 and Column1 has numbers from 1 to 5 and you want to update the row that contains a value of 2 in Column1, then "Column1" is your Key Column and the value "2" (without the quotes) becomes your Key Value.

If you still have trouble building a flow, just explain me your requirement including 'information format in excel'/'information wants to be sent via email', I can help you or provide some tips for you.

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to send email based on excel file but are confused to some input while configuring flow. Here are the related information for your reference:

“Table”

Table is created in excel in advance while we preparing excel file. This is a identified part for which sheet you want to use from excel file. We can create table

v-duann-msft_0-1617344836374.png

Since you didn’t mention about your actual requirement and action you want to use, I will take ‘update a row’ action as example which contains ‘table’, ‘key column’ and ‘key value’ area together.

After we set up table in excel, you will be able to select ‘table’ which is detected by flow automatically.

v-duann-msft_1-1617344836377.png

For ‘key column’ and ‘key value’, they are used for identify unique value from your excel.

Key Column: It can be whatever column you want in a table that can serve as a reference to indicate what is the row that will be modified. Make sure that it has unique values, because an error will be generated if duplicate values in this column are generated.

Key Value: It is whatever unique value you want in the Key Column to indicate what is the row that you want to update.

Example: If you have a table with two columns: Column1 and Column2 and Column1 has numbers from 1 to 5 and you want to update the row that contains a value of 2 in Column1, then "Column1" is your Key Column and the value "2" (without the quotes) becomes your Key Value.

If you still have trouble building a flow, just explain me your requirement including 'information format in excel'/'information wants to be sent via email', I can help you or provide some tips for you.

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anna

Thank you for your kind and detailed reply. It was so helpful that I figured out what confused me.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anna

Thank you for your kind and detailed reply. It was so helpful that I figured out what confused me.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,299)