cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelRobey
Level: Powered On

I need to check for a mail attachment on Outlook on Saturdays only and save the attachment to SP.

I have created a flow to check new emails for a specific attachment and save it to a SharePoint library and it works perfect, but I need this to only check for emails on Satuday at 12:00 noon.  When I start the flow woth a reoccurence then add the rest of my script things change in what it will accept and I can't get it to work with the schedule being added. 

Does any one know how to do this?  I have watched lots of youtube videos and searched for articles on this but can't fine this specific type script.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: I need to check for a mail attachment on Outlook on Saturdays only and save the attachment to SP

Hi @ MichaelRobey,

You could add a Condition 2 inside the "Apply to each 2",and move the "Create file" action inside the if yes branch of the Condition2 as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

The expression in the Condition 2 as below:

@equals(first(skip(split(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['Name'], '.'), 1)), 'csv')

Please let me know if your problem is solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MichaelRobey

Re: I need to check for a mail attachment on Outlook on Saturdays only and save the attachment to SP

I finally have this working as I want.  Thanks for all the support and help.  Really appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ MichaelRobey,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Do you want to check for mails on Outlook on Satuday at 12:00 every week?

How would you check for the mails and save the attachment of the emails to sharepoint library?

For you first question:check for mails on Outlook on Satuday at 12:00 every week and save the attachment of the emails to sharepoint library

I have made a test on my side, you could refer to screenshot below to check for mails on Outlook on Satuday at 12:00 every week and save the attachment of the emails to sharepoint library:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

I would check for the emails which's subject is equal to New test on this flow, you could modify the condition as you needs to check for the email.

The flow would run successfully to check for the emails which's subject is equal to New test and crea te the attachment in the sharepoint library as below:

Capture.PNG

For you second question:then add the rest of my script things change in what it will accept and I can't get it to work with the schedule being added.

Could you please explain more about the script taht you mentioned?

Could you please share more details about your needs?

Please share more details so we could try to help you.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

MichaelRobey

Not sure how to add in some screen prints of what I have.  I made it a bit further, but now when it copies the file in to the sharepoint library it also copies other things like the logo, signature etc...  I'm using a Condition of Name is equal to the file name, but it still is copying in the other items as well. I will add screen prints if you can explain how.  It seems like I can only enter in text.

MichaelRobey

I have it working using your idea above except it not only copied the file I want but the logo signatures etc 4 extra files which are all .png files.  How do I weed these out so only the 1 file that ends with .csv gets copied to sharepoint?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ MichaelRobey,

You could add a Condition 2 inside the "Apply to each 2",and move the "Create file" action inside the if yes branch of the Condition2 as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

The expression in the Condition 2 as below:

@equals(first(skip(split(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['Name'], '.'), 1)), 'csv')

Please let me know if your problem is solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

MichaelRobey

This is what I have created. 

On the first condition if I have it set to Subject is equal to New Test and manually run it it works but not if I wait for the scheduled time to do it.  I put Name is equal to MT20.csv file as this is what I thought we would want as the Subject line may change.  Can you help me get this working?  Am I close or have I missed something.

Thanks

Recurrence.JPGGet Emails.JPGBody.JPGCondition and Create File.JPG

Highlighted
MichaelRobey

I finally have this working as I want.  Thanks for all the support and help.  Really appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,603)