cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I want to send an alert email when the size of attachments in Teams exceeds a certain number

Hello.

The text may be distorted because it uses google translation.

I would like to send an email notification when a large file is attached to Teams using PowerAutomate.

But no such trigger is found. If there is any good way, please let me know.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: I want to send an alert email when the size of attachments in Teams exceeds a certain number

Hello @niku1111 

Behind a Teams is a SharePoint Online site that includes a document library. My understanding is that any attachments that are added in posts in a channel will be stored in that library.

You should be able to make a flow that triggers on files being created in that library. The flow can then get the file metadata, in which the size information is, and check it as you need.

Please try it out or ask for more details 🙂

Kind regards, John

Highlighted

Re: I want to send an alert email when the size of attachments in Teams exceeds a certain number

@JohnAageAnderse 

I'm thinking of using the trigger "When a file is created".
Get metadata and use conditionals?

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @niku1111 

Yes, you should only trigger on file creation, the get the metadata and then react to it as needed. See my example flow:

Flow.Niku111.Example to get size and react to it.jpg

Kind regards, John

Highlighted

@JohnAageAnderse 

The problems was soloved. 

Thanks😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,315)