Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t_shepz
Frequent Visitor

If choice column updated in Sharepoint Trigger Email

Hello,

Need help with an Approval Flow

The sharepoint list referenced in this is Missing Volume request (headers in snippet below)

- list created here which generates an email sent to approver

- based on email, approver has 3 options to chose from choice column status (Approved, Acknowledged, Rejected) and based on approver selection 3 different emails sent out to requestor with 3 status responses

- if approved or rejected, that is the end of it

- the problem lies when the approver acknowledges the the request, and an email is sent, I want to send a follow up email to the requestor once the choice column is updated to Approved or Rejected. Can this be done as a conditional triggered event once column value is changed on sharepoint list?

t_shepz_0-1622134109003.pngFailed attempt

- below email that request has been acknowledged, added operation of "when an item or file is modified" & Get changes for an item or a file, and then added a condition "Has column title changed: status" = true to capture change made by approver from acknowledged to approved or rejected, and than send email with update status value, but when running the flow the flow just keeps running and does not finish for hours (constant loop?)

Followed this guide for failed attempt https://wonderlaura.com/2020/08/25/flow-when-a-sharepoint-column-is-updated/ 

Would really appreciate any help, thank you

🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@t_shepz 

Can you post a screen shot of your Flow?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
t_shepz
Frequent Visitor

\\Image 1Image 1Image 2Image 2Image 3Image 3Image 4Image 4Image 5Image 5

images attaced in order from 1-5 @ScottShearer  please advise

thank you

please advise on snippet below

thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,926)