Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fmourtaza
Helper II
Helper II

Impersonate Flow actions

Hello mate,

We have got a requirement to update the employees photo in Office 365 - hence I found the handy action "Office 365 > Update my profile photo" - it works only for the users owning the flow - is there any way to impersonate such actions ? 

Any alternative approach are welcome.

Thanks and regards.

fmourtaza_0-1603436910469.png

6 REPLIES 6
CFernandes
Super User III
Super User III

@fmourtaza 

It is not allowed to Impersonate an action in Power Automate, you can vote up the idea at https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Allow-Impersonation-in-Flow-Actions/idi-p/8... 

Perhaps you can use the Graph API using an HTTP action(premium connector) and update the profile.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @CFernandes 

Already tried but not getting the desired results - the content image seems too lengthy - I have one post still open in this forum

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Update-user-profilephoto-from-CDS-to-AD-using-Graph-...

@fmourtaza 

Can you decouple the Flow, perhaps run a child Flow under a different connection. Something similar to https://clavinfernandes.wordpress.com/2020/09/04/decouple-the-flow-from-the-power-app-to-prevent-end...

I have not tried the approch with reference your scenario but it might be worth a try. Also please upvote the idea I mentioned in my previous email if not already done.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

@CFernandes 

In fact the flow has 2 actions only

1. Get the image content

2. Post the image using HTTP action

so I dont think so decoupling a flow will help here as the length of the image seems a problem.  

As well I am not sure if HTTP action is the optimal approach in this case.

MrPT

Had a similar need and used the manage run only user to decide if the logged in user or another account (e.g. service account) is to be used. did you try that option?

MrPT_0-1616039862201.png

here is addition info of how it worked

Impersonation Trials – PowerAutomate – HeyMrT (wordpress.com)

Hey @MrPT, thanks for your inputs however I dropped the Flow approach.

Instead I went for Azure WebJobs, I have described the entire steps here

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (50,608)