I want to know the process on How to Import data from CDS(Contact) entity to csv file.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi @Dishen ,
Following are the steps I would follow:
1. Define the contacts criteria which needs to be exported and use advanced find to get the data.
2. Once this is done and you are getting fetch xml correctly download it (Or if you have xrmtoolbox and your filter conditions are simple then use this tool to get OData Web api query )
3. Create a flow and use List Records action in CDS(Current environment)
4. In the Fetch XML query parameter put the fetch xml you downloaded in step 2.
5. Since the records you might be pulling is more than 5000 , click on the ellipsis button the right and it will open pop up window . in this window select pagination to true and set your threshold value.
6. Use Create CSV table action after this , use output of List Records (Value) as input. Select Custom mapping from show advanced options and set your header and in column value grab the columns you want in CSV one at a time.
Hi, After creating the CSV table, I just want to create file in the one drive for business. Am able to see the file but if i download it am not able to see the records. Instead am able to see in the different format. Am attaching the screenshots below. Very thanks in advance.
Hi @Dishen ,
Thanks for updating . I see that while creating the CSV table you have to provide your header name instead of selecting LastName / Email and in Value part use item()?['email'] . You can do compose first after list records to view the JSON schema of the output you are getting. This will help you putting the values in Value portion using item()?['json schema name'].
Thanks for the reply. I just have changed the header part and modified value part as well. But in the compose(After list records), do we want to take compose as parse json or select or filter array. please apologize, Am new to PowerApps, so plz tell this point clear.
Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks
Check out how to claim yours today!