cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_pcillawa
Regular Visitor

In multi Approvals if rejected, can it be redirected to one approval backwards?

I have set up a Multi-Level Approval, that if it passes one approval it goes to the next approval (total of 4 approvals). If the 3rd approval decides to reject, is it possible to redirect it to the 2nd approval instead of ending the process? I would like this possible for all approval steps.

3 REPLIES 3
Hardesh15
Super User II
Super User II

@_pcillawa 

After 3rd Approval process use condition action : outcome is equal to Approve  then in NO block use another approval process same as Approval Process 2 so that if 3rd one rejected it will go to second one again. After Second one approve you need to create another 3rd approval process same as your first 3rd one. it will depend how many times you want to reject the approval.

Thanks

Hardesh

Hi @Hardesh15 

Is there a way to point it back to approval 2 or do I need to recreate all approvals over under each NO condition one step ahead?

@_pcillawa 

Yes REST is the call when you want to invoke previous approval.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/approval-writeback/ i did not try this but i had it for reference.

No need to create each approval just use copy to my clip and add action.

Thanks

Hardesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (67,331)