cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morgane
Regular Visitor

Increment index for distinct value in a specific column

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to create a simple use case with flow for personnal training, however I still have problems. 

The context is that we have cyclists people in a race, they start in the same city at the same time and after they have few steps in different towns (each city has number to identify if it's the first or second step for example). The aim with flow is for the user directly on his mobile phone to add a row in the excel sheet (with his current location,time etc...) when he clicks on the button dedicated for. 

I'm looking for a solution concerning incrementing the step's number (column "numero_etape" in the excel below) when a new city (column "etape") is detected. 

Here are some screenshots to better understand what my problem is and the way I tried to solve it. 

excel_sheet_velo.PNG

flow_1.PNG

flow_2.PNG

flow_3.PNG

What I try to achieve is when the user is located in a town which has already been entered in the excel sheet, the added row takes the same step's number previously assigned to this town. Furthermore, when the user is in a new city, I would like the new step's number to be the actual maximum step's number + 1. 

I hope I've been clear enough.

Thank you in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Morgane ,

Does your problem still exists?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-alzhan-msft ,

Thanks for responding and yes it does!

Do you have any suggestions to solve it ?

King regards. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (42,434)