cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instant flow to run from sharepoint online button webpart

I have a instant flow that i want to be able to run from a button on my SharePoint site.

I have the button but I am not able to figure out how to get the link address to the flow to be able to run it.

Any insight into this would be very much appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Anonymous 

Please check Laura's blog:

https://wonderlaura.com/2018/07/18/button-in-sharepoint-list-to-trigger-microsoft-flow/

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you need to create the flow first using the "For a selected item" trigger and grab the ID of the flow. In this example we're creating the Publish to Teams button:

0-SP-List.png

1-ForSelectedFile.png

2-flowID.png

The flow ID then goes into the flow as shown below:

4-JSON.png

The JSON shown above is as follows. You might not need the visibility setting which I've used here to hide the button once the flow has run.

{
  "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/column-formatting.schema.json",
  "elmType": "button",
  "txtContent": "Publish to Teams",
  "customRowAction": {
    "action": "executeFlow",
    "actionParams": "{\"id\": \"021ec4e0-8f85-46b3-a557-a4456960a4eb\"}"
  },
  "style": {
    "background-color": "#468259",
    "color": "white",
    "visibility": "=if(([$PublishedToTeams] == 'Yes'),'hidden','visible')"
  }
}

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses but those are for creating a button in a list.

I want a button on the webpart

this is the button on the webpartthis is the button on the webpartthis is the button edit linkthis is the button edit link

@Anonymous that's not possible other than by creating a Power Apps button. There is a request for this in the Ideas area at https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Embedded-Flow-Buttons-for-SharePoint/idi-p/97068#comments

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks i will keep on the lookout then and also lookup how to do powerapps

Brilliant!

mboonie
Resolver I
Resolver I

Great idea. Is there a way to run it without going to and finishing up on the Power Automate landing page?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,049)