cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terri
Level: Power Up

Is Flow really what I need?

I am an admin assistant with a pretty good understanding of how to use the basic MS Office suite... but I think Flow might be too much for me. Which is a problem, because I told my boss I thought it would be a great way to streamline our booking process and make sure multiple steps would take place, including creating PDFs cutomised for each client from MS Word templates, sent from specific email addresses, in a specific order etc. It's not really that complicated, but the number of steps allows for much human error. 

Is Flow the right tool? And what on earth do I do now that I have commited to eating this elephant??? I can't find a template that looks close enough to adapt, and the video tutorials I have found so far sound great but deal often with things I don't currently need (social media etc). Great projects to move on to once I figure it out, but right now I feel completely overwhelmed.

I use Mac Mail, Office 365, and most of our client info is currently in Excel spreadsheets. If anyone has the time or ability to help me calm down and figure things out, I would be so grateful.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
dvdalen
Level: Powered On

Re: Is Flow really what I need?

I would advise you to create multiple flows that each work it's own thing. So create a flow that creates a PDF. Then you can search for video of web that tells you how to do this. 1 thing at the time. After everything works seperatly, combine 2 and see if it still works.

I think that everything you are saying is possible so just try. And if one flow is giving you a hard time you can ask for help about that single solution.

Super User
Super User

Re: Is Flow really what I need?

@Terri :

I agree with @dvdalen - attack this one piece at a time.  You can always ask questions here when you get stuck.  YouTube is a great resource for getting started as is this site.

I would advise moving your data to SharePoint and out of Excel - it will be a much easier path for you.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 174 members 4,716 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: