cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karishma
Frequent Visitor

Issue With SharePoint Connector - Get File Content returns binary file,I need to retrieve text data

Hello All,

I have created a flow where I am using SharePoint Online Connector (Get File Content).

According to documentation, it returns a binary file.I need to read the content from word (docx) file and want a plain text as        result.Any help appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @karishma,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to get plain text from the content of a Word file?

The output the "Get file content" action of SharePoint connector returned is a binary data, there is no way to analyze a binary data in Microsoft Flow currently. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @karishma,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to get plain text from the content of a Word file?

The output the "Get file content" action of SharePoint connector returned is a binary data, there is no way to analyze a binary data in Microsoft Flow currently. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hello @v-xida-msft Kris,

Thanks for your reply!!!

Yes there is no such facility to get content from word file,hence I ended up writing an azure function for the same 🙂

Hello, @karishma

Have you had a chance to apply @v-xida-msft ‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (2,634)