Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
santosh910
Level: Powered On

Issue with Calendar Event in Flow

Hello Team,

Eagerly looking forward for your inputs and help!

My list has Interview Date, which is Date & Time Type, now I am sending the data from PowerApp to the List, which when modified will trigger the Calendar Event.

I am using Flow - When an existing item is modified.

As you can see the flow is executing fine, but the input data that I am getting in the flow is not having the Time values, only the Date is flowing. Please see below in the image for Start Time & End time. 

The formula that I am using in the PowerApp to compute the Date & Time is below. Hrs and Minutes are dropdowns.

DatePicker1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(Hrs.Selected.Value), Value(Minutes.Selected.Value), 0)

Kindly assist me with this, now all the events are getting triggered at 00:00 hrs. Also, one weired thing that I observed is the Interview Date is capturing 1 day less and 1 hour less, whereas the date is correct in the Calendar invite, any ideas why?

Event_Issue.JPGd

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Issue with Calendar Event in Flow

Hi @santosh910 could you post a screenshot of the steps in your flow so we can see what might be happening. Thanks.

Rob
Los Gallardos

santosh910
Level: Powered On

@RobElliott Thank you for looking into this.

Here is a 3 step flow that I am using.

1. I am modifying the list via PowerApp, i.e inserting the interview date/time, interviewer details.

2. To ensure that the change is made via app, I am passing another value to a column FromApp, which if it is Yes, flow will branch.

3. Trigger the event creation

4. The problem here is as I mentioned in my original post, the time values are not flowing into the Flow.

5. Here are the properties of the First Interview Date column from list

Capture3.JPG

The Flow

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Super User
Super User

I think you would be better to have separate columns for the start and end date/time otherwise the event doesn't know how long it's going to last. When the StartDate and EndDate columns ar emodified in my list it creates the event successfully in Office 365 Outlook.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

0-SPlist.png0-SharePoint Date and Time columns1-CreateEvent.png1-Create Event3-Calendar.png2 - Calendar result

>