cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hexarthrius
Frequent Visitor

Iterate items through SharePoint list

I have a column in a SharePoint list which has a specified date (let's call this Effective Date), and I want Power Automate to send me a notification if the Effective Date is equals the date today.

The logic to do the above is simple enough, but the problem is, I have to loop through 1k+ list items if I want to check each and every one of the items to see if I need to send an email today via Power Automate. Is there a way to loop through the list? Right now based on tests, we can only process 100.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Iterate items through SharePoint list

@hexarthrius by default the Get items will only bring back 100 items, but you can change this by clicking on the 3 dots at the top right of the action and select Settings. Then turn on the Pagination toggle and set a threshold  value that is more than the number of items in your list.

0a-getItems-Settings.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@hexarthrius by default the Get items will only bring back 100 items, but you can change this by clicking on the 3 dots at the top right of the action and select Settings. Then turn on the Pagination toggle and set a threshold  value that is more than the number of items in your list.

0a-getItems-Settings.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hexarthrius ,

the issue with getItems getting only 100 records is because the Pagination is currently turned off for the action.

Please follow the steps that @RobElliott provided and you should be able to get all the items from the list.

Thanks and Regards

hexarthrius
Frequent Visitor

@RobElliott, thanks for the recommendation. This is exactly what I needed for now, but hope you can provide info on what will I use in case the list grows to >5000? As I understood in the docs, the limits on the ForEach is also 5,000.

Community Support
Community Support

@hexarthrius : One workaround you can consider that many users go for is having a new list with a new flow once such limits are reached.

This way the flow performance is also not degraded because it has to go through single list with >5000 items.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (6,530)