cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Iterate items through SharePoint list

I have a column in a SharePoint list which has a specified date (let's call this Effective Date), and I want Power Automate to send me a notification if the Effective Date is equals the date today.

The logic to do the above is simple enough, but the problem is, I have to loop through 1k+ list items if I want to check each and every one of the items to see if I need to send an email today via Power Automate. Is there a way to loop through the list? Right now based on tests, we can only process 100.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

@hexarthrius by default the Get items will only bring back 100 items, but you can change this by clicking on the 3 dots at the top right of the action and select Settings. Then turn on the Pagination toggle and set a threshold  value that is more than the number of items in your list.

0a-getItems-Settings.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@hexarthrius by default the Get items will only bring back 100 items, but you can change this by clicking on the 3 dots at the top right of the action and select Settings. Then turn on the Pagination toggle and set a threshold  value that is more than the number of items in your list.

0a-getItems-Settings.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hexarthrius ,

the issue with getItems getting only 100 records is because the Pagination is currently turned off for the action.

Please follow the steps that @RobElliott provided and you should be able to get all the items from the list.

Thanks and Regards

@RobElliott, thanks for the recommendation. This is exactly what I needed for now, but hope you can provide info on what will I use in case the list grows to >5000? As I understood in the docs, the limits on the ForEach is also 5,000.

@hexarthrius : One workaround you can consider that many users go for is having a new list with a new flow once such limits are reached.

This way the flow performance is also not degraded because it has to go through single list with >5000 items.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,375)