cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Link Not Working in the Flow Approval Email

We have a approval flow based on SharePoint List where we have added the link of Item in the email body. The expectation is, user should be able to open the item by clicking to the link. But as can be seen from the below image, when user clicks on the link, nothing happens. If we click on 'Show Original Message' then we get the link which is working, but it is complicated to explain the user to expand the message and do the same. Can anyone please help that how to fix this and can open the item by directly clicking on to the main email body?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Link Not Working in the Flow Approval Email

What email application are you using?  This is normally a problem with a slightly older or non-standard email client.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Pstork1 ,

Yes I am using Outlook 2016. You rightly said. If I open the approval email in Outlook Web Access, i am able to click on the link and it is working perfectly fine. Only the issue is with Outlook. Best if you can suggest any solution for the same.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Unfortunately, if you are using Outlook 2016 the only real solution is to upgrade to Outlook 2019 or Outlook Pro Plus from Office 365.  Previous Office applications always have some issues with integration.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

It will take some time to upgrade it to the newer versions. Any workaround till then?

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The only other real workaround is either tell people to use Outlook Web Access or show them how to access the original mail item.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Well, its ok then. Many Thanks @Pstork1 for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (2,848)