cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup Field Returning Null

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help with this issue of blank Lookup type fields.

I have a flow that renders data fine for all fields other than Lookup. The flow runs but the email or Teams channel message renders blank values for those fields.

TracyLivingston_1-1652239122821.png

How do I return the values for Lookup fields?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to do this by:

-Get a row by ID

-Compose

-Expression: items('Apply_to_each')?['_xxxxx_value@OData.Community.Display.V1.FormattedValue']

This returned the value instead of the internal ID like I needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

Can you show the flow actions for how you're entering the data? 

Fields like Modified By and Owner will usually have additional fields in Dynamic Content you can select, like Owner Email, or Owner DisplayName or Owner Department. I just want to check and see if it's an issue with that, and also verify if you're talking about true SharePoint Lookup fields.

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

Hello @Rhiassuring !

I'm using List Rows and Select Columns. I also tried using Expand Query for to owner name. These fields are part of a form in Dynamics and not SharePoint. I added the "Owner Email" as a string and I can pass that data fine but I'm populating that field with a business rule and static email address which is counter productive since I'm trying to automate the email address being tied to the Owner. The ultimate goal here is to trigger an email and Teams message (which is working) to the record owner, and one other Lookup type field email address.

Thanks for your help!

TracyLivingston_2-1652383709444.png

I've tried using Compose as well to pull the owner value. I know it won't be the email address but just trying to pull any data from the lookup fields and they're all null.

TracyLivingston_3-1652383805798.png

TracyLivingston_4-1652383828240.png

TracyLivingston_0-1652382618928.png

I was able to do this by:

-Get a row by ID

-Compose

-Expression: items('Apply_to_each')?['_xxxxx_value@OData.Community.Display.V1.FormattedValue']

This returned the value instead of the internal ID like I needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,551)