cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leocp

MS Form Multiple Choice to Multiple Choice SP List Column

Hello! I am trying to transfer a multiple choice answer from an MS form where more than one option is allowed to a column with mulltiple choice SP list. I've done some research and I think i found out how to do it with this link : Solved: Record multiple choice Form answers in a SharePoin... - Power Platform Community (microsoft..... However, when I attempt to use the action "initialize variable" i receive the following message: the operation 'initialize variable' can only be use at top level.  image below.

leocp_0-1644873731713.png

is this an internal issue? as in i don't have high enough access in power automate/flows? if so, is there another work around? i would like to be able to automate the multiple choice answers in the form to appear as difference choices in the list with different colors like below

leocp_1-1644873959613.png

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@leocp 

It sounds like you are trying to initialize a variable inside of a loop which is not permitted.  Initialize the variable outside of and before the loop.  Take a look at the lick you posted and note where they have initialized the variable.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (19,549)