cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benniewoods
Frequent Visitor

Macros in Flowprocess

Hi all,

I've build a flow that starts when a new item is created in SharePoint. The data is entered, and the flow then transfers it to an excel table, from that table i fill an excel form. After that the template is emailed to the requester, so they can fill it with the codes they would like to order. After that they will attach the complete excel template to the Sharepoint item. All this is working well.

The problems starts now that i've build a macro in the excel file to automatically fill some shipping forms. I noticed that i can't add a row to a .xlsm file. To bypass this problem i created a parallel .xlsm file, that gets his data from the original excel template. The .xlsm file is then emailed to the requester. Also this is working well.

The problem i now (logically) discovered is that when a new order is made the template will be filled with new information. But because of the links in the .xlsm file also the old files are updated with new information. While i would only like to have them updated at the moment they created/emailed. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,673)