cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaxC
Frequent Visitor

Manual Entry of Final Approver Email

Hi, we have a scenario where we using 4 stage approval process. After 3rd approval business want to enter 4th approver’s email address manually by 3rd approver.  Is there any way to give this option other than using standard comments field.  As comments field is used for justification of approval.  

Cheers,

Stan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MaxC 

You could simply point them back to the list item and ask them to supply a 4th approver if it's OK for them to access the list item that is.  Otherwise an adaptive card would be a good way to capture the name.

This would link straight to an item based on the Item ID:

https://yoursite.sharepoint.com/sites/DamoBird365/Lists/LISTNAME/DispForm.aspx?ID=1

Damien

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @MaxC ,

If you had a field for the 4th approver in your list, you could either prompt the 3rd approver to update that field and trigger a flow based on item modified with a trigger condition 4thapproverfield is not empty OR alternatively you could use an adaptive card after 3rd approver has approved (send and wait for a response), send it to the 3rd approver asking them for a nominated person and once they have made the choice, the response will allow the flow to continue and the dynamic field can be used in the 4th approval.

Hope that makes sense and good luck.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

Hi Damien,

I do have 4th approver field in the list. But not sure how to update it end of 3rd approval. How do I prompt 3rd approver to update the field? Sorry for basic question but I am kind of new to all this.

Cheers,

MaxC 

Hi @MaxC 

You could simply point them back to the list item and ask them to supply a 4th approver if it's OK for them to access the list item that is.  Otherwise an adaptive card would be a good way to capture the name.

This would link straight to an item based on the Item ID:

https://yoursite.sharepoint.com/sites/DamoBird365/Lists/LISTNAME/DispForm.aspx?ID=1

Damien

MaxC
Frequent Visitor

Hi Damien,

Thank you so much for your time.  Today am bit busy but I will give your solution a try.  Looks like it will resolve the issue...

thank you. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,533)