cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Manually trigger flow from documens

Hi All,

i have a document library in SPO, from there i'd like to offer my user the option to trigger manually some flow workflows e. g. sending Mail to a team within the link to the document or automatically set some metainformations of the document.

How could i realize this?

PowerApp or Mobile App are not a option.

I thnik more about a link in a additional column or links or entries in the three dots menue

Thx in advance

MD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Manually trigger flow from documens

Hi @MD249 ,

I'm afraid this is a feature not currently supported by Power Automate.

Basically, the trigger is divided into the automatic trigger or manual trigger. Manual trigger includes Button or For a selected item / File.

The latter is required to select the specified item or file before triggering.

In addition, there is a blog worth referring to, which mentions the Approval button, please check it and see if it helps:

https://wonderlaura.com/2018/07/18/button-in-sharepoint-list-to-trigger-microsoft-flow/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @MD249 

For this, you can select the trigger "For a selected file" in sharepoint trigger. This flow will appear when the file is selected in the specified document library. You can then add actions like get file properties or get file metadata and use the outputs of these actions from the dynamic selector and then add the send an email action to send the email with the outputs from the above actions. 

You can also configure any manual inputs that users might want to send in the email for this type of trigger. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @yashag2255

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MD249 ,

I'm afraid this is a feature not currently supported by Power Automate.

Basically, the trigger is divided into the automatic trigger or manual trigger. Manual trigger includes Button or For a selected item / File.

The latter is required to select the specified item or file before triggering.

In addition, there is a blog worth referring to, which mentions the Approval button, please check it and see if it helps:

https://wonderlaura.com/2018/07/18/button-in-sharepoint-list-to-trigger-microsoft-flow/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

Hi

thx for your help sounds all good. But if i take over this JSON Code i Always get an error like:

Insert a Code with a valid JSON Column Formating

Only a view codes from other sides works well but this contains no Buttons.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (12,342)