cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ibharper

Markdown in Approvals not working on Teams

I'm trying to build a simple approval flow that highlights some fields from the approval form. The markdown that I'm using for formatting isn't being rendered in any Teams app at all (tried Teams on desktop, mobile, and web). I've read other issues with this and the resolutions are all for email formatting which works fine for me. The formatting I'm trying to use is line breaks and an H3 header. I've tried bold as well but that's not working either. 

Example in the Teams Approval App:

ibharper_0-1612545350653.png

Example from Outlook Desktop:

ibharper_1-1612545557318.png

My Power Automate Syntax:

ibharper_2-1612545585990.png

Here's the "peek code" of the syntax above that shows the extra spaces I've added to trigger line breaks:

"WebhookApprovalCreationInput/details""@{outputs('Get_requestors_profile')?['body/displayName']} has requested a purchase from the IT department on @{outputs('Get_purchase_request_details')?['body/submitDate']}. Please reqiew the request and it's justification and make a decision on approval. If approved the request will go to the IT manager for final approval.  \n\n### Request:  \n@{outputs('Get_purchase_request_details')?['body/r2db0d9fc4b2f4761a46687b07a07afd9']}   \n   \n### Justification:  \n@{outputs('Get_purchase_request_details')?['body/r89c2ce85924347fcaee9eb1ff10c93f6']}    "

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johnnyg
Microsoft
Microsoft

Per latest confirmation with Team Dev Group, this feature is still in progress and should be available the first weeks of March. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Johnnyg
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello ibharper,

Yes, we could normally repro the issue from Teams Approval. This issue is still pending investigation with Power Automate& Teams group since approval in Teams is available as a personal app for all Microsoft Teams users after mid of Jan. We would post in this thread when the issue has been confirmed. Thanks.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/approval-admin 
Approvals in Microsoft Teams, Now Generally Available - Microsoft Tech Community
The Approvals app is available as a personal app for all Microsoft Teams users. The Approvals app provides a simple way to bring auditing, compliance, accountability, and workflows to both structured and unstructured Approvals in Teams.

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Johnnyg
Microsoft
Microsoft

Per latest confirmation with Team Dev Group, this feature is still in progress and should be available the first weeks of March. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Johnny

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (82,821)