cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Mass update Planner Tasks dates

Hi All,

we have many Planner plans with a lot of tasks inside them with Start and Due dates.

It's common thing that the original plan should be changed - for example the customer delays with checking the template document. In this case we have to modify the dates of all the further tasks, but I don't know about any easy way for adding some days to Start and Due dates of a lot of tasks. If you know about an easy way to do this, let me know please.

I've created a test-flow with the connection of Planner where I've set the Group Id and Plan Id, Apply to each tasks and Update tasks' Start and Due dates adding 7 days to them (see the screenshot below). It's working well but it's not really a user friendly solution. 🙂 (another problem: how to run this flow from a desktop computer?)

So, I'd like to have a user form, where the user can select a Teams Group, then select a Plan inside that group. There would be a numeric field for the days he/she wants to add and an optional Date selector control. And a Start button to run the process which iterates all the tasks of the selected plan and adds the given days to the dates - optionally: only tasks after the given date with Date selector.

Could you please advise how to create this form and how to use the user inputs it in Flow? I have no experience with forms at all.

Thanks a lot in advence.

Attila

Ps. I can imagine much better solution, where I can select multiple tasks as cards with the mouse and apply adding some days to them, then select another selection of tasks and apply adding another number of days and so on - but it would be much more complicated, if possible at all.

Jegyzet 2020-02-05 150531.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Mass update Planner Tasks dates

Hi @AttiM ,

You could create the form in microsoft forms with question group id and plan id, and then you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png2.png

The expression for the Due Date-Time as below:

addDays(body('Get_a_task')?['dueDateTime'],int(outputs('Compose')))

The expression for the Start Date-Time as below:

addDays(body('Get_a_task')?['startDateTime'],int(outputs('Compose')))

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AttiM ,

You could create the form in microsoft forms with question group id and plan id, and then you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png2.png

The expression for the Due Date-Time as below:

addDays(body('Get_a_task')?['dueDateTime'],int(outputs('Compose')))

The expression for the Start Date-Time as below:

addDays(body('Get_a_task')?['startDateTime'],int(outputs('Compose')))

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Alice,

thank you very much for your reply - I'm trying to go in this path.

First question: how can I create a form with the list of group ids and another list with the plan ids (practically: group and plan names) allowing user to select the group from the group-list first, then select the needed plan from the list of plans of the selected group?

Actually if we use the same form inside all of our groups, then the list of groups is unneeded: we should create a list of plans only in the current group.

Another question: how can I refer to a specific field of Form? 

Thanks, Attila

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Alice,

could you please reply to my previous post? It would be important to find a full solution.

Thanks,

Attila

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (8,963)