cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnpb
Helper I
Helper I

Match field value of two tables and output fields from both into new Excel table

I have two sets of data:

Set A: Excel table in Onedrive for which a Flow updates row adds as form submissions come in
Set B: An SQL Server table

Both sets have an identical field (" Id ") with a unique number value. This is the customer's registration ID that is generated when they register for a product (recorded in Set B). After their product (event) date, a survey feedback form is sent to them generated with the same registration Id. They complete the form, and a connector pushes the submission to a new row in the Set A Excel table in OneDrive.

What I now need to do is create a flow that:

- takes the registration ID value from the "Id" field in Set A
- queries Set B for the matching registration ID and retrieves the row data for that record
- either adds it to the matching row in the Set A table OR takes the combined data for that Id from Sets A and B and then outputs it into a new Excel table in OneDrive (whichever is less absurd, which I feel is likely adding it to Set A)

An example of how the rows are structured:

Set A:

ID | Score 1 | Score 2 | Comments |Opt-In |

Set B:

ID | Site Location | Event Type | Event Level

With the desired result ending up consolidated as:

ID | Score 1 | Score 2 | Comments | Opt-In | Site Location | Event Type | Event Level

Any help with this would be massively appreciated - it'll solve for a lot of manual work that goes on across a few departments.

Thank you for reading!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,551)