cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmdhT

Microsoft Flow for Excel (preview)

I have been trying to use this Mircrosoft Flow for Excel preview without success:

I have been able to create a flow OK

However the window add on in Excel remains blank / empty when i click on Flow

I called support who made me use Excel Online instead.

It has worked with Excel Online, but no more: same symptom.

(if it helps, I have a Microsoft account and 2 professional accounts on this machine )

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmdhT,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Have you checked your flow run history to see if your flow has run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

If your flow has run successfully, please close your excel and then re-open it to see if the row is added in the excel.

Best regards,

Alice

Hi

the real issue is that i am not able to "load" my Flow list in the Microsoft Flow Excel Add on

(In Excel, When i click on the Flow Icon of the Add on , the Flow pane opens but remains blank)Untitled picture.png

JimTurner
Frequent Visitor

Did this get resolved ?  I have the same issue where the Flow Preview pane fails to laod , It has worked a handful of times so I know the flow itself is correct but cannot load anything in the preview pane

jmdhT

No. And support has a hard time understanding the issue.Still hopefull. It has never worked for me within Excel, and 'randomly' and scarcely within Excel online.
JimTurner
Frequent Visitor

I can see lots of users stating the same issue with a blank preview pane, but no one seems to have an answer.

when its works its a great solution but seems to have a major bug in  it 

Hi Not 100% sure this is a fix that can be applied but I cleared out the all of the O365 creditials in the Credential manager and also cleared the broswer cache to clear out all of the office details

It has worked since I did that and it doesnt appear to lose the flow information.

I havent been able to recreate the issue to say wether the fix will work on all users but its worked for me

Hope this works for others

Thanks,

I was hoping it would work for me. 

Online, i can see my flows, but when i clieck on one of them, the flow pane becomes "blank"

With Desktop Excel, i still have the same issue.

Too bad...

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (44,536)