cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Microsoft Flow sends multiple email notifications

Hello,

I have a flow which sends an email whenever a new item is added to my SharePoint list.

Flow.JPG

As you can see, I want the Creator of the new item to receive an email and the so called "Érintettek", which I can translate as "people who are concerned". It is always the Creator who adds the "Érintettek", when creating an item. It can be multiple people.

Now what happens and what the problem is that if I add 4 people there as "Érintettek", then the Flow sends 4 separate emails to these people and the Creator is on copy on each of the emails.

I guess I understand why, most probably because the same rule is applied 4 times due to the Apply to each section, and the Flow runs the rule 4 times. Is there a solution for that?

Thanks

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @McElroy15,

You could use a string variable and append the individual email addresses into that variable with a semi-colon character. When you use this approach you can move the send an email (V2) action outside of the apply to each action. Which will prevent sending 4 e-mails.

Below is an example configuration

1. Add a Initialize a string variable action

stringvariable.png

2. Add an Append to string variable action. In this we will add the Created by Email value from the trigger action with a trailing semi-colon character.

appendstringvariable.png

3. Add an Append to string variable action in the apply to each. In this we will use the Erintettek Email value with again a trailing semi-colon character

appendstringvariable_emails.png

4. Add the string variable to the To field of your Send an email (V2) action.

sendanemailv2.png

The end result should look something similar like this.

endresult_emails.png

Hope this helps a bit?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @McElroy15,

You could use a string variable and append the individual email addresses into that variable with a semi-colon character. When you use this approach you can move the send an email (V2) action outside of the apply to each action. Which will prevent sending 4 e-mails.

Below is an example configuration

1. Add a Initialize a string variable action

stringvariable.png

2. Add an Append to string variable action. In this we will add the Created by Email value from the trigger action with a trailing semi-colon character.

appendstringvariable.png

3. Add an Append to string variable action in the apply to each. In this we will use the Erintettek Email value with again a trailing semi-colon character

appendstringvariable_emails.png

4. Add the string variable to the To field of your Send an email (V2) action.

sendanemailv2.png

The end result should look something similar like this.

endresult_emails.png

Hope this helps a bit?

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (81,297)