cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rnloka
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Forms to Excel Business (online) and then to email all in one Flow - is it possible?

I am presently having two separate/individual Flows as follows and am wondering if it is possible to combine into single Flow that will be trigerred by "When a response is sumbitted".

Flow 1: - Triggerred by "when a response is submitted", the Microsoft Form collects responses and sends an email as acknowledgement with Form data as the email body.

Flow 2: - Triggerred by "recurrence" - this transfers the row data from Excel Sheet in the tab to another tab, copies to a third tab and finally sends an email after which the Flow then deletes the Excel sheet row from the Form Data Tab. This Flow 2 requires that i have a key column - and i presently doing it manually by entering a value in this column.

My query - I was wondering if the above two flows can be combined into one flow and get rid of the manual creation of the key column and its data - so that the moment a form response is received, the data is processed by Flow and then: -

(1) send an acknowledgement email;

(2) get row(s),

(3) insert rows(s) in an excel sheet - another tab as record of the form submission data;

(4) insert row(s) in another tab of the same excel sheet where other columns get populted with calculations

(5) send email with data from the form submission plus data from the calculated columns

(6) delete the row(s)

End

Flow 1.PNGFlow 2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rnloka
Frequent Visitor

Hello All,

I have managed to figure out a way of combining the two separate flows into one as in the snapshot herewith.

I would like to thank all who were patiently trying to assist me in this.Combined Flow 1 and Flow 2 into one single FlowCombined Flow 1 and Flow 2 into one single Flow

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rnloka,

About Flow2, it requires a key column and you are doing it manually by entering a value in this column. Could you share more details on the key column?

About step4, it seems that you are going to insert rows from tab1 to tab1 within the same Excel sheet. What do you mean by “Columns get populated with calculations”?

From the screenshots, it seems that you are also using the Google sheet? Do you want to insert row into the Google sheet either?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Mabel, Thanks for the kind reply.

I have introduced a column to satsfy the Key Column requirement. I have titled this column "Sent for Scheduling - Yes or No?" and then on each row - after i glance through the wntry - i enter the "yes" manually under this key column. This is then the trigger for further processing of the row data by the Flow.

Besides the Columns that are populated by the Flow by extracting information entered in Microsoft Forms by respondents, I have further columns in the excel sheet that have their respective cell values based on formulas related to data entered by respondent.

Google sheet inserting of rows is to generate a QR Code for each respondent - which i found is the easiest way to do - as i could find any equivalent in Exx

I can share further information as you may need.

rnloka
Frequent Visitor

Mabel,

Thanks for the kind reply.

Rewriting the reply as noted many typo errors in my earlier reply.

I have introduced a column to satsfy the Key Column requirement. I have titled this column "Sent for Scheduling - Yes or No?" and then on each row - after i glance through the entry - I enter the "yes" manually under this key column. This is then the trigger for further processing of the row data by the Flow.

Besides the Columns that are populated by the Flow by extracting information entered in Microsoft Forms by respondents, I have additional columns in the excel sheet where their respective cell values are based on formulas related to data entered by respondent.

Google sheet inserting of rows is to generate a QR Code for each respondent - which I found is the easiest way to do - as I could not find any equivalent in Excel.

I can share further information as you may need.

rnloka
Frequent Visitor

Hello All,

I have managed to figure out a way of combining the two separate flows into one as in the snapshot herewith.

I would like to thank all who were patiently trying to assist me in this.Combined Flow 1 and Flow 2 into one single FlowCombined Flow 1 and Flow 2 into one single Flow

GabrielStJohn
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey, @rnloka!

Thank you for posting to the Flow Community Forum! It appears you have found a solution to your issue! If you feel as though your issue has been solved and you are satisfied with one of the previous replies, please click "Accept as Solution" on the reply that contains the solution so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Thanks Gabriel,

I have marked as suggested.

This should help all users in future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,383)