cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dbro
Level 8

Microsoft Online Business Connector: Image

I'm trying to add an image to a word templage using this connector. 

I've labled my content control appropriately in word and can see it from flow. However, when i use link to item, Identifier, or file name with extension, i get an error:

Here is the the info MS provides, but I can't seem to get this to work. Anyone else have luck with this and can provide a step by step?

Guide for using Images in the Word Online connector.

1. Add an Image content controller in your template. Don’t delete the placeholder image. You can re-size and re-position it.
  2. Add a title property to the image content controller so that you can easily identify it in the Flow designer.
  3. When the image field shows up in the designer, add file contents of a JPG or PNG image as the value. The value should look like this: { "$content-type": "image/png", "$content": "iVBORw0KG...i/DhQmCC" } where the content is the base64 encoded image.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Microsoft Online Business Connector: Image

Hi @dbro ,

Please refer to the following image:

• Add image control to the corresponding word template and save it to the specified location.
  • Use Get file content action to get the specified image content.
  • Then configure the file content in the location specified in the word template, and finally create the word file.

Image reference:

106.PNG107.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dbro ,

Please refer to the following image:

• Add image control to the corresponding word template and save it to the specified location.
  • Use Get file content action to get the specified image content.
  • Then configure the file content in the location specified in the word template, and finally create the word file.

Image reference:

106.PNG107.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

DawgPoundMBA1
Level: Powered On

I agree with the original post that the instructions on the Microsoft website do not work and you need to follow the steps in the screenshots to get it to work.  I have been using the Word connector and have some points that might help others that are trying to create Microsoft Word documents through flow.

1) Rich text is not supported as all text Word elements have to be plain text.

2) When using a manual trigger to start the Flow AND you select an image at the trigger that you want to use in the Word document, you need to first have the Flow move the picture file to the document library and then you need to get the file contents from the file from the document library item, not from the trigger body dynamic data.

3) The image content controller does not appear to work in headers and footers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,334)