Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraigFlo
Level: Power Up

Microsoft To do not populating from flow

Hi everyone,

I have the following flow set up;

New email into inbox To:it@company.com --> Add to To Do Subject: Email Subject, From --> Send Email To: Dynamic Sender "Email received"

I want any email sent to the it mailbox to add a To Do displaying the header of the email and who it was from; eg. Help my PC is slow, John@company.com so I know John requires help with a slow computer.

but all of my test emails do nothing. They go in the it mailbox and nothing of the flow happens. 

Anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2
CraigFlo
Level: Power Up

Re: Microsoft To do not populating from flow

flow.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Microsoft To do not populating from flow

Hi @CraigFlo,

Could you please show a bit more about the email address it@company.com that you mentioned?

Which mailbox does your test emails go into? Your own mailbox or the mailbox of the it@company.com email address?

I suppose that your test emails just go into the mailbox of the it@company.com email address rather than your own mailbox, is it true?

If all your test emails just go into the mailbox of the it@company.com email address rather than your own mailbox, the flow that you created would not be fired forever.

If you set the To property within the "When a new email arrives" trigger, the flow would be fired based on the address to which an email was sent, this property can be useful if you receive email that was sent to different email addresses in the same inbox. Please check the following article as a reference:

Trigger a flow based on email properties

So if you want your flow to be fired, please make sure that the test emails go into the mailbox of the it@company.com email address should also go into your own mailbox. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When a new email arrives" trigger, To field set to a Office 365 distribution list email address.
  • Add a "Add a to-do" action of Microsoft To Do connector, Subject field set to Subject dynamic content and From dynamic content of the trigger.
  • Add a "Send an email" action, To field set to From dynamic content of the trigger.

Note: Currently, I create a connection to the "When a new email arrives" trigger with my own Office 365 Outlook email address. The 'flowtestdistributionlist@xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.com;' email address filled within To field of the trigger is a Office 365 distribution list email address and I am a member of the distribution list email address.

Image reference:11.JPG12.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:13.JPG

The test email goes into the distribution list email address shows up within my own mailbox as below:14.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 58 members 4,463 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: