cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft flow, Start an Approval does not send email

My approval using Microsoft flow does not send an email notification. Please help!
Problem: 'Start an approval' does not send an email notification to my outlook inbox- it endlessly loads. However, the approval does appear in my Approvals center in Flow:Snag_4d369740.png seen on the left <--
This is a simple flow, I've tried other 'Start and wait for approval' options as well, same results. 

• I have the E2 License:
    Microsoft Flow Free
    Microsoft PowerApps Plan 2 Trial
    Power BI (free)
    Office 365 E2.
    But my colleage that has this same license and has the same flow working for him as expected.. he gets the email notification for the approval
  • My connections are all connected and good to go.
  • I have the correct permissions.
  • I am receiving emails from my flow when I do the `Send an Email` option.
  • I checked my junk mail and all my email folders in outlook, nothing.

Approval endlessly loads upon testApproval endlessly loads upon test

Flow configurationFlow configuration

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Insure that your admins aren't using any SPAM or mail filtering software that is catching the emails before it arrives to your mailbox. The Flow Approval emails will come from the following account:

Microsoft Flow <maccount@microsoft.com>

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

@Brad_Groux , I  can confirm that the following email-

maccount@microsoft.com

is not blocked as spam.  My colleage was able to get his approval to work and received the email from this account- my account and his have the exact same configurations and license. There is no mail filtering that is blocking these emails either, I've checked. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (12,088)