cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft manual flows not available for folders

So, I built a manual flow that is important to my SharePoint site, and I just found out that it is not available for libraries? I can use it without a problem for files alone (picture 1), but when selecting a folder to manually activate a flow upon it, it no longer gives me the option (picture 2).1.1.jpg

2.1.jpg

Can I do something about this? I really need the manual flow to work with folders/libraries.

Do you know if the microsoft community have any plans in making this feature available?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Microsoft manual flows not available for folders

The trigger is only designed to work with a selected item or document. There is no way to build it to work with a selected Folder or Library.  But you could build a Flow that is triggered by a Flow Button or a PowerApps button and then ask for the name of the Folder or Library when the button is pressed.  That would let you then do actions for the whole Folder or all the files  in the Library. But that's about the only workaround I can think of.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The trigger is only designed to work with a selected item or document. There is no way to build it to work with a selected Folder or Library.  But you could build a Flow that is triggered by a Flow Button or a PowerApps button and then ask for the name of the Folder or Library when the button is pressed.  That would let you then do actions for the whole Folder or all the files  in the Library. But that's about the only workaround I can think of.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlexandruCazan ,

Currently, Flow does not support For a selected folder. If you want similar features to be supported by MS Flow, please consider voting for similar ideas below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/A-trigger-that-fires-when-a-folder-is-selected/idi-p/...

Also, you could post your idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (9,971)