cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Modified Approval repeats

I have an approval email sent when a file is modified, not an issue with that, the problem starts after the file is approved.  When I click approve and it updates the SharePoint List field I get another modified approval email.  So when I approve the file, SharePoint is detecting the change and sending another email.  This only happens once because, on the second email, nothing is changed.

Any help to prevent this second email from being sent?  Also, I tried the approval email templates, however, I have to look deeper to see what field is updated so that I can trigger views from the change, any help there would be appreciated as well.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Re: Modified Approval repeats

If i undestood correctily.

I recommend you to create a column in SP like 'EmailSent' and update them in first approval, after this you can use a condition in MS Flow to send email only if not yet sent

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Gustavo Moraes, o astronauta brasileiro do Flow!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

If i undestood correctily.

I recommend you to create a column in SP like 'EmailSent' and update them in first approval, after this you can use a condition in MS Flow to send email only if not yet sent

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I will try that tonight when I log into the office, that makes sense and I will read up on using conditions.  If I do set that 'EmailSent' flag, that would mean the next time I update I just need to change that either to remove it/clear it.  With that, I wonder if there is a way to clear the email sent field when I post an update, in the entire email approval process.  I had a long explanation all typed out and then saw the error before I posted.  I will try this tonight and report back the results, thank you for the help.

On another note do you know if Flow can use Choice fields for updates yet or is it best to just use a Single Line text field for my 'EmailSent' flag?

Michael

Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hi Michael, flow accept choice field and 'yes or no'. I think if you need only two options 'yes or no' column is the beat choice

Highlighted

I agree, if I use a Choice field it does not show up in Flow as a field I can assign information to, using a yes/no field helps.

I tried the conditional statement and that is keeping me from getting the second set of emails, thank you for that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Users online (8,646)