cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swarrenjr
Frequent Visitor

Move Email V2 moves the email but throws a failure

I have a flow that I included a Move Email step. The flow triggers on a new email. It copies the attachment to a SharePoint folder. Then it moves the e-mail to a different folder. I have been getting failure notices saying that the Move failed. However, when I go to check my email inbox, the message has been moved. So, the Move email step actually does work but it throws a failure. Any ideas on why this is? I added a Delay (5sec) before this step to try to get past it, but that didn't work either. It doesn't fail every time either. It is hit and miss. A real pain when this flow is running 100+ times a day.

MoveEmailError.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry, I think you have missed the point. 

There is a bug in Power Automate - the action "move" moves an email but shows a false error.

You ignore any errors but after moving you check if an email is really moved.

If it's not moved you generate the error yourself.

If it's moved, all is fine and you do nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

View solution in original post

swarrenjr
Frequent Visitor

OK, I think I have found a change that eliminates the false errors. 
Email comes into an account from multiple sites. I have a switch in the flow that determines which folder to save the attachment to based on which site it originated from.  Inside the switch, I save the attachment off and move the e-mail. I eliminated the "Move Email" from inside each branch of the switch so I only have one "Move Email" after the switch. Since doing that, I have not had it throw any more false errors. Don't know why it would make a difference. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @swarrenjr,

set "run after" to ignore this error.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
swarrenjr
Frequent Visitor

Not really a solution I can use. If I ignore a failure, how would I know if it actually did fail? I can't give up notifications on failures.

Well, if you know that's a false error you can ignore it, right?

And to know if it actually did fail, check the absence/presence of the moved email after moving.

swarrenjr
Frequent Visitor

You seem to be missing the point. It is possible that it would fail with a real issue at some point in the future, correct? So, if I am ignoring errors, then I will miss a real error as well as the false errors. Again, ignoring the failure is not fixing the issue. Not a solution.

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry, I think you have missed the point. 

There is a bug in Power Automate - the action "move" moves an email but shows a false error.

You ignore any errors but after moving you check if an email is really moved.

If it's not moved you generate the error yourself.

If it's moved, all is fine and you do nothing.

swarrenjr
Frequent Visitor

Wow. That answer is a lot different than the first one. This one actually makes sense. 

Adding extra checking in the process will be painful but I could test it out and see if that works. 

Hopefully Microsoft will resolve the Bug they have then in the move.

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, my bad - my first answer was too short. Shame on me!

swarrenjr
Frequent Visitor

OK, I think I have found a change that eliminates the false errors. 
Email comes into an account from multiple sites. I have a switch in the flow that determines which folder to save the attachment to based on which site it originated from.  Inside the switch, I save the attachment off and move the e-mail. I eliminated the "Move Email" from inside each branch of the switch so I only have one "Move Email" after the switch. Since doing that, I have not had it throw any more false errors. Don't know why it would make a difference. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,284)