cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathani501
Frequent Visitor

Move Email (V2) quit working in shared mailbox

I have a flow that I uses in shared mailbox that looks up the senders manager one the message is received then moves that message from the Inbox and places it in the appropriate folder in the shared mailbox for that group. It's worked flawlessly for over 8 months and has suddenly quit working. 

I have deduced that my flow is timing out at Move Email (V2). I have ran tests where I attempted to move the message from the shared mailbox to my personal Inbox and still have the same issue. 

Digging deeper I see a Bad Gateway issue, which is odd because nothing has changed. Has anyone experienced this? If so, how did you resolve the issue?bad_gateway.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @jonathani501 

Thank you so much for understanding. I will update you as soon as it's fixed.

Please click Accept as Solution if my post is helpful to you. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jonathani501 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you suddenly got bad gateway error.

If the error code 500 or 502 appears, the failure is temporary or transient. Please click or tap Resubmit to try the flow again.  More details about troubleshooting a flow, please check it at here:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/fix-flow-failures/

Please try to resubmit the flow. Meanwhile, you should be able to see error message in the body/header area when getting error. If you don’t mind, please share me that error message.

Please also check the connection of Office 365 Outlook under Flow Connection page:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/add-manage-connections/

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

jonathani501
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, this was helpful. I did need to fix my connection but that did not resolve the issue. It's definitely a 502 error.  Resubmitting it does not resolve the issue either. It's definitely timing out on move mail. I've created test Flow's that send me an email with the manager name and perform other tasks without issue.

502_error.PNG

jonathani501
Frequent Visitor

I just completed a text on my personal Inbox and was able to use move email. I think that might indicate that the method I was using to move email in a shared mail box is having issues.

I did test moving email to another folder in the shared mailbox and to a personal folder - both were unsuccessful. 

Hi @jonathani501 

Thank you for your attempts.

I tested again today and it failed. I got exactly same issue as yours. I can't move emails within shared mailbox or between shared account and my account. I tested another account from other tenant and also failed.

Meanwhile, I noticed the detailed error from my end is 'Mailbox move in progress. Try again later., The user and the mailbox are in different Active Directory sites'. It looks like some of my mailboxes are migrating to other datacenter in the backend. Not sure whether that is affected by this.

v-duann-msft_0-1621825018096.png

But I can confirm that we didn't receive any internal notification regarding this so far. I will report this issue as potential bug for you. No worries.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Anna

Hi Anna,

Thanks for sharing this. Double checking my logs and I can confirm that this is my issue too.  I wish that was something I could do about this in the interim. Hopefully this issue is resolved sooner than later. 

Again, thanks for the update.

Hi @jonathani501 

Thank you so much for understanding. I will update you as soon as it's fixed.

Please click Accept as Solution if my post is helpful to you. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Best regards,

Anna

Just checking in. Any update on this? I did notice that my error message has changed to:

"Mailbox move in progress. Try again later., Cross Server access is not allowed for mailbox e3xxx3"

Hi Anna,

I still have this issue. Any updates? My error message is still the same.

jordancrane
Frequent Visitor

I am still having the same issue. It hasn't worked since April. I have to move 100s of emails manually between mailboxes every single day and it use to be automatic. Can you please provide any updates or some sort of workaround in order to move mail from one mailbox into another (ie two different mailboxes). Thanks.

David_Nguyen
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @jonathani501 

You should review the action:

Office 365 Outlook - Connectors | Microsoft Docs 

Move email (V2)

This operation moves an email to the specified folder within the same mailbox.

David_Nguyen_0-1627293970529.png

=> if you move email from one mailbox to another mailbox, the error will occur. 

David_Nguyen_4-1627292747076.png

To move email from same shared mailbox, you must fill the Original Mailbox Address field to be same trigger mailbox, then select the destination folder in this mailbox to move email to.

David_Nguyen_5-1627293160813.png

OR

create password for this shared mailbox in Active Users tab in Microsoft Admin Center, then create a new connection in the Move email action

David_Nguyen_2-1627292648218.png

David_Nguyen_1-1627292609686.png

David_Nguyen_0-1627292569472.png
David_Nguyen_3-1627292687491.png

WORKAROUND
===========
You can try to use action Forward an email (v2) instead: Office 365 Outlook - Connectors | Microsoft Docs
And then use Delete email if you do not want to keep it (not recommended): Office 365 Outlook - Connectors |
Microsoft Docs

In destination mailbox, create rule to move email to specific folder if contains Comment from the forward action or from the sharedmailbox.

Hope this help!

David Nguyen

jonathani501
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much!!! Putting Original Mailbox Address in the action solved my problem. Thanks for sharing the other options. I am going to use them in other solutions I create. 

You just made my and my team's day!

jordancrane
Frequent Visitor

Hi @David_Nguyen 

This still doesn't work for me. I need to be able to move email from one mailbox to another. The flow is running under my account and I have full permissions across the mailboxes in question. We cannot forward the mail because we have global forwarding setup on the shared mailboxes. Essentially we need these emails that are sent to a BCC email address to be moved into the shared support mailboxes as they are from a ticketing system. If the emails are forwarded then they get re-routed back into the ticketing system due to the global forward and it creates a loop and re-opens cases etc. This worked for over 6mo without any issues (the flow may have technically failed with an error message but it actually worked so the message was ignored) until some issue in April caused the whole thing to break.

What are my options in order to move email from one shared mailbox to another different mailbox (just like I can drag and drop emails among folders as I currently do daily)? I tried using the separate connectors and either got the same badgateway error or got access denied. I am open to any ideas that help us move emails that come into a "staging mailbox" via BCC to the actual shared support mailbox used by various team members.

Thanks.

The response by David was very helpful but was missing one element.

The "Move email (V2) action does not support moving emails between mailboxes/accounts. Attempting to do so will result in a Bad Gateway error with a more detailed "Cross Server access is not allowed" appearing in the diagnostic message.

It appears that using the "Move email (V2)" action will not work for a Shared Mailbox if you select the folder name BEFORE specifying the "Original Mailbox Address".  Peeking at the code, you will see a "folderPath" with an ID. That ID will be associated with the folder for the connector's account if you select the folder before you specify the "Original Mailbox Address".

Not very intuitive given the folder appears before the original mailbox address.

Spent a week trying to figure this out. I have asked Microsoft to either fix the action or update the action's documentation to reflect this.

Sorry this does not address the issue of moving mail between mailboxes/accounts .

jordancrane
Frequent Visitor

When we had it working (pre April issue), we had the original mailbox address as the destination mailbox and it let us select the proper destination folder. Technically the flow would fail each time, but the mail would still move between the mailboxes which is what we exactly needed. I really wish there was a way to do this because you can easily do this manually as a user so why can't it be automated. Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal but because our ticketing system (Salesforce Service Cloud) can't handle the replies if the support email is BCC'd (re-opens cases etc), moving the mail from a static unchecked mailbox was the perfect solution. I am really open to any idea on how to accomplish this even if it requires thinking outside the box. I just need to move mail from one mailbox to another without forwarding. If there was a way to forward but bypass a global forward rule that works too. If we used selective rules to forward emails to the salesforce account it creates new email thread IDs causing even worse issues so only the global forwarding maintains the proper thread ID. If anyone has an idea on that, then that would be another potential fix...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,446)