Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tritran
Level: Powered On

Multi Filters in Excel Database

Hi experts,

I have a database like this with many columns. I want to filter only 3 columns and send results to manager by email.

It's very easy to use pivot table but the problem is I can not send pivot table by email in flow.

Could you please give me some ideas to solve this database.

Thank you!

report.JPG

kaizen database.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Multi Filters in Excel Database

@tritran 

In order to show some columns only, this post from John Liu will be useful for you

http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/4/how-to-use-select-to-simplify-create-html-table-and-create-csv-in-mic...

The example described by John is based on Sharepoint lists, but the procedure is the same than for excel: I am assuming you use 'List rows present in a table' action block to read the excel table.

In order to count number of rows, you can use the expression lenght(). You shall apply this function to 'List rows present in a table' action block output, so the resulting expression can be added to the email body also

Hope this helps

If anyone is trying to help you with an issue, the fastest way to say thanks is by kudoing. Be grateful, Thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@tritran 

Let me see if I understood. You want to send only three columns via email, so the resto of the columns should not be displayed on the ody of the email, right?

If so, this post from John Liu will be useful for you

http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/4/how-to-use-select-to-simplify-create-html-table-and-create-csv-in-mic...

Hope this helps

If anyone is trying to help you with an issue, the fastest way to say thanks is by kudoing. Be grateful, Thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tritran

Exactly what I mean. I want to display 3 columns and count number of rows of these.

Thanks
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@tritran 

In order to show some columns only, this post from John Liu will be useful for you

The example described by John is based on Sharepoint lists, but the procedure is the same than for excel: I am assuming you use 'List rows present in a table' action block to read the excel table.

In order to count number of rows, you can use the expression lenght(). You shall apply this function to 'List rows present in a table' action block output, so the resulting expression can be added to the email body also

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

tritran

@efialttes 

My flow is working perfectly!

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,387)