cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Multiline Automatic Reply message to html retaining line breaks

I have a flow that currelty (and successully) is able to look at my calendar to determine if I have an all day our of office event, it then checks to see if I already have an OOO message and if not adds one for me, after scanning my calendar to find the enxt workday i'm back in the office.

I am looking to take it a step further and have it read my exsisting OOO message and lift specific details to include in the next one it places. I have insteredted two keywords to seperate the text I need to lift. The issue I have is that my OOO is spanned across multiple lines so that if I use the HTML to text connector its strung together, I can't use indexof functions on the HTML version as the keywords run inline with the html formatting strings so the indexof function can't locate the keyword.

I am currently looking into an idea of using html to text and then splitting the output into an array based on a fullstop, but wondering if anyone has a better solution.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Multiline Automatic Reply message to html retaining line breaks

Hi @ScottCooper ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please explain more details about the "lift specific details to include in the next one it places" that you mentioned?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Multiline Automatic Reply message to html retaining line breaks

Thank you for your reply - please find below the screenshots for my flow, apoliogies its quite big so there's a few different shots.

What i meant was, was that I might already have a message in my OOO

"Thank you for your email I am out of the office right now, please contact the following for your query.

for Customer Services contact cs@example.com

for HR services contact hr@example.com

Thank You"

I am working towards capturing the relevant infomation, in this example the delegate email addresses for the contact types. I embed a couple of keywords (white in color so they cannot be seen by the human eye) so that flow can determine what text to extract, and I am able to extract the text that I require. However if I do it from HTML the keywords aren't distinguishable as they will be concatanated with the HTML code, if i strip out the HTM using html to text connector then the line breaks are removed. I have a workaround by also applying another character (again white) to the end of the lines I wish to keep so that i can split these into an array, but it seems quite messy right now.

1122334455OverviewOverview

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (7,118)