cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aishwaryab
Frequent Visitor

Need to Show File uploaded in Share point against an Entity Record

Hello,

I have some issue regarding document integration in share point. I have created one custom document library in share point along with a folder inside this (please see the image) and uploading documents into that folder which is created in my custom document library. Now  I need to show the uploaded document in a sub grid for a case i.e I need to associate that file(uploaded in share point library) with a case and need to show the file in sub grid.  To do this I need to update the the case GUID with that document which is already in share point document library. So I am creating a new record in "Document Locations" table and updating the case GUID, but it is asking me to provide the unique identifier of share point document location record id. How do I get this? I am providing the document ID but it is giving me the below error.

Is there another way to achieve this requirement? 

aishwaryab_0-1622633126873.png

aishwaryab_3-1622633728846.png

aishwaryab_1-1622633174504.png

aishwaryab_2-1622633449013.png

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @aishwaryab,

The field you highlighted in your last screenshot is the parent site hosting your new library. That would/should also be a document location record in Dynamics 365 CE. You can find all those records (both sites and document locations) in document management.

parentsites.png

Btw, Peter Baddeley has a nice article about setting up these type of document locations with Power Automate flow:

https://baddaz.com/create-your-own-document-locations-in-dynamics-365-using-flow-9649ecaf3672

Thank you for your response. 

I want to know that is it possible to show a document  in related to a case that is uploaded from share point custom document library? Can you please tell me how to do this?

As per the link I have tried to configure but still it is giving issue. 

aishwaryab_0-1622722154105.png

aishwaryab_1-1622722197471.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,946)