cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atltt
Level: Powered On

New 404 Error in "Get File Metadata"

For some reason, this flow is failing despite it working in the past before.

The flow is simple. If certain criteria is met, I update fields on an entry in a document library (the review date). I then try to get the ETag to reapprove the document using "Get File Metadata" and it 404s, leaving the document Pending. This worked in the past and is now failing, what can I do to fix it? Thanks!404Issue.PNG404Issue2.PNG

Here is the body of the 404 message: 

{
"message": "The file /sites/NAME/SITE/2 does not exist.\r\nclientRequestId: 9b73a57f-7ef3-480c-89f7-461a69a9b8d3\r\nserviceRequestId: 6c87299f-a024-9000-7e58-5ac60024df8f",
"status": 404,
"errors": [
"-2130575338",
"Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException"
]
}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: New 404 Error in "Get File Metadata"

Hi @atltt,

Yes, there is ID field, but there is an identifier field should to notice:

Annotation 2020-01-16 160818.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @atltt,

In the Get file metadata action, the File identifier field should be Identifier - folder path + filename

And in your flow, it seems like the ID of the item, so you can add a Get file Properties action before the Get file metadata action to get file identifier first by using the ID, for example:

Annotation 2020-01-09 094618.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

atltt

Sorry @v-litu-msft , I didn't post the whole flow. It's a daily recurrence and the first action is "Get files (properties only)" where the ID comes from and the ID I used. 

I tried to get different ID's from flow but it continues to fail to on "Get file metadata 2"404Issue3.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @atltt,

Yes, I can see you add the Get file properties action, but how do you configure the Get file metadata. In the Get metadata, the file identifier should look like the following screenshot:

Annotation 2020-01-15 165302.png

So in my previous reply, we should input the identifier get from the Get file properties action into it to get file metadata. The identifier isn't item id.

Best Regards,

atltt

The ID for me is a number. See here: 404Issue4.PNG404Issue5.PNG

so @v-litu-msft no matter which way I get the File's properties, it continues to show up as a number. I am not able to just hardcode each file since this process exists for many libraries with a continuously changing number of documents. 

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @atltt,

Yes, there is ID field, but there is an identifier field should to notice:

Annotation 2020-01-16 160818.png

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

atltt

Yes that fixed it. Why did it work before when I used the ID? Why are there three file IDs?? There's ID, Identifier, and ETag and this gets extremely complicated for no reason.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,217)