cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

New File Flow not Running Automatically

Hi all,

I have 2 onedrive business accounts. I have created a flow using the standard power automate template to copy from one onedrive for business account to another onedrive for business account whenever a new file is created. However, after adding a new file to the designated source folder last night, until this morning, the run is still being skipped. 

This is my flow details:

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-364be189-50d5-4cc1-aa71-424c506eacd3/flows...

No errors in the flow, however, when I did a test flow, it says that it failed. Can someone help me please? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hi @ZYSU 

You had mentioned that when you try to test, it failed. Could you please post some screenshot on the failed flow with error message which could be easier for us to provide the best solution.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ZYSU ,

As @sudharsan1985  said, please share the screenshot of the flow and the run history of the flow when it run failed so we could better understand your issue.

Also please make sure that when you text the flow, the flow run history data should be in the same OneDrive account.

I suggest that you could create a new flow to see if your issue still exists.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I think I may have figured out what is causing the error. I think this template only works if there are no folders inside the selected folder to be synced. When a new folder with files is added the the source folder, it doesn't sync and gives a failure. When only files are added to the source folder. The sync is successful. 

Is that everyone's understanding as well? 

Hi @ZYSU ,

Does your flow wouldn't work when you add a folder with files to the OneDrive folder?

Could you please take a try add the trigger "When a file is created(properties only)" and set the Include subfolders to Yes?

Please make a test on it and we are waiting your feed back.

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @ZYSU ,

Does your issue still exists?

Best Regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (34,133)