cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beat
Level 8

No items in All Items view after running a flow

I have created an approval workflow that runs fine, but now all items have disappeared from the All Items view in the SharePoint list.

The workflow does the following:

- if a list item is modified and saved with status "Completed", an approval workflow is triggered.

- if it is approved, a notification email is sent, and the status field of the item in the list is set to "Approved"

- if it is rejected, a notification email is sent, and the status field of the item in the list is set to "Rejected"

Works all fine but when I go back to the list, All Items view, all the items have disappeared, the list appears empty.

When I return to Classic SharePoint, they're all there, with the data modified by the flow as expected.

When I exit Classic SharePoint, they're gone again.

In the modern UI, when selecting "Items that need attention", there is "nothing to show here".

When I then switch back to All Items view, the items come up, but with "Required Info" in one of the mandatory fields.

As soon as I click on the "Required info" field, the item contents are displayed properly for the mandatory fields, but show blanks for all non-mandatory field.

However if I look at the details of the item, all fields are properly populated. It just doesn't show in modern UI view.

What could be causing this strange behaviour of the view? There's nothing fancy in the list except for that Flow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beat
Level 8

Re: No items in All Items view after running a flow

As there was no solution in sight, I deleted the list and the flow and started all over. Now I cannot reproduce the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Beat
Level 8

Update to the above: When selecting "Items that need attention", when the response is slow, you actually see the items coming up very briefly with "Missing Information", but in fractions of a second they all change to "Resolved" and the view returns "Nothing to display".

And back in the All Items view, where the recors now show with "Missing information", just clicking on it fixes the issue, it even happens that clicking on one fixes two at a time!

Beat
Level 8

As there was no solution in sight, I deleted the list and the flow and started all over. Now I cannot reproduce the issue.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,456)