cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not able to set a varible name to 'Set variable'

As you can see in the screen shot text box to type a variable name is greyed out. So I cant type anything? Is this is an issue with everyone? I have tried all the browsers.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 9.39.38 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Follow @RobElliott 's suggestion, please add Initialize variable action first, then you could configure Set variable action to set the value of the corresponding variable.

Image reference:

53.PNG

Please take a try and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you need to initialize a string or array variable first, then you can select it in the Set variable and set the value. So at the top of your flow, perhaps as the first action after the trigger, add an Initialize variable.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Follow @RobElliott 's suggestion, please add Initialize variable action first, then you could configure Set variable action to set the value of the corresponding variable.

Image reference:

53.PNG

Please take a try and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @RobElliott, I added the Initialize variable action and then Set variable action, but still the name field is greyed-out.  Please help. Thank you.Set Variable - Unable to type in name field.jpg

@Shlomit it looks like you are tring to initialize the variable inside an apply to each control. You can't do that, you have to have the initialize variable outside an apply to each. I always add them immediately after the trigger.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,643)