cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skk638

Not able to update sharepoint list using excel data

i created a simple flow to update sharepoint list using excel. both addition and creation of new items have same error.

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Update_item' inputs at line '1' and column '45565': 'The template language function 'int' was invoked with a parameter that is not valid. The value cannot be converted to the target type.'.

image.png

couple of posts are already available but didnt get a solution

2 REPLIES 2
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @skk638 

I would guess that you are using the expression int() to convert a string to an integer but the string you are supplying is null, empty or characters, that therefore cannot be converted to an integer.  Might be best to look at your history for the flow and check the dynamic value you are inserting into int().

Please consider accepting my answer as a solution if it helps to solve your problem.

Cheers
Damien

Please take a look and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Power Platform ideas and concepts, or take a look at my website. Thanks

v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skk638 

Has your problem been solved?

The error indicates that the parameter passed in function int() is not of type string. The conversion function int() converts any string to an integer if the parameter is not of type string then it throws an error.

The error also happen at times when the column that you are trying to convert contains blank values.

Assume that you have a column in excel called "Number" and you are trying to convert this to integer value, if the "Number" contains blank values then those cannot be convert and it gives the error. In this situation, you can try the following formula.

if(empty(items('Apply_to_each')?['Number']),null,int(items('Apply_to_each')?['Number']))

vLilyWmsft_0-1637039762290.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,595)