cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zshaw345
Microsoft
Microsoft

OData $filter query not collecting all matching records

Hello, I am working on creating a flow that pulls in Azure DevOps query results and populates the results in an Excel table. I then have to filter out out Work Item Types I don't wish to include through and OData $filter. However the OData $filter doesn't always pull all matching records. I have attempted to use both contains and eq. This last run missed 12 rows. How can I improve my solution to capture all rows on every Flow run?

My OData $filter:

zshaw345_0-1620249614851.png

The output in Excel:

zshaw345_2-1620250033636.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zshaw345 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to filter result based on some keywords but always can’t get accurate result. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

If that’s the case, I recommend you try ‘filter array’ action instead. It has less limitation comparing with ‘filter query’.

v-duann-msft_0-1620270396288.png

v-duann-msft_1-1620270396297.png

v-duann-msft_2-1620270396299.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zshaw345 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to filter result based on some keywords but always can’t get accurate result. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

If that’s the case, I recommend you try ‘filter array’ action instead. It has less limitation comparing with ‘filter query’.

v-duann-msft_0-1620270396288.png

v-duann-msft_1-1620270396297.png

v-duann-msft_2-1620270396299.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

Hi @v-duann-msft ,

I was able to leverage Filter Query to obtain the rows I want. Then I was able to feed it into Parse JSON to iterate over all rows found. Then I could update my table accordingly. Thanks for the help!

-Zach

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (49,085)