cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

On New Email - can't set "From"

Hello Power Automate Community,

I've set up a task to save email attachments to a SharePoint space whenever certain emails arrive using the On New Email Office 365 trigger. I have been able to use the Subject Filter to restrict to the kinds of emails I am interested in but I would really like to narrow it down further by specifying the sender in the "From" field. The problem I am having is that I cannot get the sender to stick. If I try putting my own email in it or a colleagues that will stay but if I put the correct address in when I save the Flow the field is blank again. The sender is external to my organisation so this may be the problem?

I have tried saving the sender as a contact in Outlook but I still can't specify it in the Flow.

I couldn't see anything in the guidance to say that external addresses could not be set in the From field.

Any help will be gratefully received!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @UrsineWelles!

To keep the email address you need to press the "Enter" key after typing it.

Please notice how it gets recognized by flow after pressing "Enter".

Mari_1-1592617774425.png

Mari_0-1592617616927.png

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @UrsineWelles!

To keep the email address you need to press the "Enter" key after typing it.

Please notice how it gets recognized by flow after pressing "Enter".

Mari_1-1592617774425.png

Mari_0-1592617616927.png

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

Thanks, @Mari.

That was simple! I had no idea that sometimes you need to press Enter to get the step to recognise what you've entered. I will certainly remember this in future if I come across a similar problem in other steps.

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Disregard.  I missread the post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (17,952)