cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KLG
Regular Visitor

On new email does not return any attachments

I have a flow that saves email attachments (from Outlook 365) to OneDrive. It adds a prefix to the file name and sets the save path based on the subject of the email.

About 60% of the time it works perfectly, but sometimes the attachment isn't saved. When I look at the run history, the Apply to Each is grayed out, which indicates that no attachments were found. Also, the output of the On New Email step does in fact say 

"attachments":[]

apply to each grayed out.PNG

However, in Outlook, I can see that the email does have an attachment (and if I re-forward the email, the flow works the second time). The flow also works as-is some of the time.

I have the On New Email step set up to only include emails with attachments, so I'm not sure why it would trigger at all if it's not picking up the attachment.
on new email.PNG

I've read that ATP scanning could be a potential cause. However, these attachments are pretty small (100 KB). Also, I'm not sure where I could insert a delay, since the trigger action (On new email) is not returning attachments. Thanks for any ideas on what else to check!

1 REPLY 1
JohnAageAnderse
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello @KLG 

Never seen this issue in my flows.

As a workaround, could you try to add an action "Get email" as the first action after your trigger, so that when the email is received, it will get requested a second time by the flow and hopefully with the attachments 🙂

Just a suggestion, not a solution, just to clarify if the issue is in the trigger or not.

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,723)