cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only works sometimes, but is always a "success"

I have made several versions of a Flow, starting simple and then building in complexity. The basic idea is to post to Yammer when someone adds a document to a Library.

The latest Flow is actually IDENTICAL to the previous one, which worked fine, but this one hasn't worked once.

The problem is that Flow thinks it works: I always get a  "Your flow ran successfully" message. But it's not once posted to Yammer.

I dont see how I can debug something when the app itself thinks it's working fine.

Is this just a general reliability problem? Will my Flow start working tomorrow, and then stop the following day?

6 REPLIES 6
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

Can you post screenshots of your flow so that we can have a look and identify anything obvious that's a problem.

Rob
Los Gallardos

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous :

As suggested by @RobElliott , seeing a screen shot of the Flow would b helpful.  In addition, posting a screen shot of a run that did not produce the expected results would be very helpful as well.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thabks for your quick response. 

This is the test result from the latest Flow. I can assure you that it posted nothing to yammer.

flowfail.png

This is the Flow itself:

flow.png

And this is the result of the previous version of the flow, which worked fine:

flow2.png

@Anonymous 

I do understand that nothing posted to Yammer, but could you post a complete screen shot of the run that produced that result to include what happened inside of the Apply to Each actions?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi @Anonymous ,

From the screenshot of yours, the configuration of Flow is no problem, the problem should be concentrated in Apply to each or Apply to each 2.

You could check your Flow run history, and there may be cases where the actions in Apply to each or Apply to each 2 are not executed at all.

If the values of the ToolBox DocType and ToolBox Topics fields are empty, the actions in Apply to each will not be executed.

4.PNG

For example, ToolBox DocType is a Managed Metadata field, and allow multiple values. If you do not set the value of this field when adding a new file, then the action in Apply to each will not be executed. Apply to each 2 is similar.

3.PNG

So please make sure that these two fields are not empty each time you add a new file.

In addition, you could consider the following method, there may be a delay when setting the field value after the file is added, so you could delay the execution of other actions, and use Get file properties to get the field value:

6.PNG

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,129)