cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sekar

Outlook to teams

hi all,

I want send an automate notification to teams with full email contents and attachment when an email arrives in outlook

Regards,

Sekar

Sekar_0-1618485867494.pngSekar_1-1618485890727.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark-Shenouda
Microsoft
Microsoft

@Sekar 
Can you please clarify what is the business logic?

as I understood from the description you are trying to Send a message to teams , this can be done by the Post action.
If you want to get the messages then you can use the Get messages action.
As for the attachments, Teams save the attachments of the channel in SharePoint Libraries, if you need to create or get attachments , you will need to use the SharePoint actions and provide the Document Library for this channel.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@Sekar  what issue are you facing here? Also i see that you have apply to each added to your flow, why did you add that, i dont think you need apply to each loop to loop through subject field. In order to send email attachments to Teams Channel you can refer to this post https://tracyvanderschyff.com/2020/03/10/power-platform-use-power-automate-to-save-email-attachments....  or as alternative you can get teams channel email address and forward the email to teams channel for that refer this post https://collab365.com/how-to-send-or-forward-an-email-to-a-microsoft-teams-channel/

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Sekar

Hi Anna, Actually if a new email arrives from a particular email address then I want that email and if there are any attachments to be sent to particular Microsoft teams Channel

Sekar

I am a new user to power automate kindly guide me and also unable to access the link which are restricted in my office

Sekar

Sekar_0-1618488894704.png

I had selected the team but it went to an error 

Mark-Shenouda
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Sekar 
Hope you are well, 
As I understood from you question you need to send a Teams message in a channel and upload a file when an email is received. So lets take it step by step 
- You are using the correct trigger "When a new email arrives", this should trigger when you receive a new email 
- You can narrow the filtering of the mail using the fields in the trigger 

- Also you can use the parameters from the trigger in your flow , to set other actions ( I believe you want to have the from value)

Mark-Shenouda_0-1618494735080.png

- Then use the Post Message action from the teams connector to send the message to the channel

- As for the upload , it will not be direct action , teams uploads files in SharePoint Document Library 

Mark-Shenouda_1-1618494877877.png- Get the the Document Library Path and upload the attachment using the SharePoint action "Create file"

I hope this helps to start the implementation
Best Regards

Sekar

Sekar_0-1618581252579.png

Sekar

By using above flow I'm getting email message to teams but not as an attachments

Mark-Shenouda
Microsoft
Microsoft

@Sekar 
Can you please clarify what is the business logic?

as I understood from the description you are trying to Send a message to teams , this can be done by the Post action.
If you want to get the messages then you can use the Get messages action.
As for the attachments, Teams save the attachments of the channel in SharePoint Libraries, if you need to create or get attachments , you will need to use the SharePoint actions and provide the Document Library for this channel.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (73,046)