Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Ownership of a Flow

Hi

I’m struggling to understand how to move a flow from personal on to a team and business process.

I have a flow that I need to be company wise but I don’t want to be the sole owner. How do other people do this ?

Also is there a problem with Forms and it talking to a flow once a flow isn’t owned by an individual ?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@jdrussell78 , yes you can use a group form as a trigger in your flow. But you won't be able to select it from the dropdown list of forms, you need to copy and paste the form ID from the url when you edit the form. So if the url is 

https://forms.office.com/Pages/DesignPage.aspx?origin=OfficeDotCom#FormId=g63aHu-yPUiB8SxIaC9A7B4fqWJxhk9EprbnRFYHGoVUME41R1FRMURSREpJNUpVQVlMRDY1SDdTNSQlQCN0PWcu

you just copy the part AFTER FormId= as in the image below.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

groupForm.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @jdrussell78, to add anther owner to a flow go to the list of your flows and click on the flow name. The details screen will open (see first image below). On the right in the Owners box you'll just see you as the only owner. Click Edit in that box and in the next screen add the email address or Office 365 group address that you want to be a co-owner.

Once that has been done you will see that your flow will be in the Team Flows list.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

1-DetailsScreen.png2-AddOwner.png3-TeamFlows.png

Highlighted

Thanks !

and am I right in thinking i cannot start a flow based off a group form ?

Highlighted

Hi @jdrussell78 ,

Yes, you are right, we couldn't create a team flow derectly, the only way is to create a personal flow, then add another owner to the flow, then the flow would become a team flow.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

@jdrussell78 , yes you can use a group form as a trigger in your flow. But you won't be able to select it from the dropdown list of forms, you need to copy and paste the form ID from the url when you edit the form. So if the url is 

https://forms.office.com/Pages/DesignPage.aspx?origin=OfficeDotCom#FormId=g63aHu-yPUiB8SxIaC9A7B4fqWJxhk9EprbnRFYHGoVUME41R1FRMURSREpJNUpVQVlMRDY1SDdTNSQlQCN0PWcu

you just copy the part AFTER FormId= as in the image below.

Rob
Los Gallardos

groupForm.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (9,610)