cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdrussell78
Level: Powered On

Ownership of a Flow

Hi

I’m struggling to understand how to move a flow from personal on to a team and business process.

I have a flow that I need to be company wise but I don’t want to be the sole owner. How do other people do this ?

Also is there a problem with Forms and it talking to a flow once a flow isn’t owned by an individual ?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Ownership of a Flow

@jdrussell78 , yes you can use a group form as a trigger in your flow. But you won't be able to select it from the dropdown list of forms, you need to copy and paste the form ID from the url when you edit the form. So if the url is 

https://forms.office.com/Pages/DesignPage.aspx?origin=OfficeDotCom#FormId=g63aHu-yPUiB8SxIaC9A7B4fqWJxhk9EprbnRFYHGoVUME41R1FRMURSREpJNUpVQVlMRDY1SDdTNSQlQCN0PWcu

you just copy the part AFTER FormId= as in the image below.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

groupForm.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @jdrussell78, to add anther owner to a flow go to the list of your flows and click on the flow name. The details screen will open (see first image below). On the right in the Owners box you'll just see you as the only owner. Click Edit in that box and in the next screen add the email address or Office 365 group address that you want to be a co-owner.

Once that has been done you will see that your flow will be in the Team Flows list.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

1-DetailsScreen.png2-AddOwner.png3-TeamFlows.png

jdrussell78
Level: Powered On

Thanks !

and am I right in thinking i cannot start a flow based off a group form ?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jdrussell78 ,

Yes, you are right, we couldn't create a team flow derectly, the only way is to create a personal flow, then add another owner to the flow, then the flow would become a team flow.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Super User
Super User

@jdrussell78 , yes you can use a group form as a trigger in your flow. But you won't be able to select it from the dropdown list of forms, you need to copy and paste the form ID from the url when you edit the form. So if the url is 

https://forms.office.com/Pages/DesignPage.aspx?origin=OfficeDotCom#FormId=g63aHu-yPUiB8SxIaC9A7B4fqWJxhk9EprbnRFYHGoVUME41R1FRMURSREpJNUpVQVlMRDY1SDdTNSQlQCN0PWcu

you just copy the part AFTER FormId= as in the image below.

Rob
Los Gallardos

groupForm.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 257 members 5,160 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: