cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dev_Nikhil
Level 8

Permission level for Get User Information

Hi all,

I am getting 403 error while getting user information into the Microsoft Flow. Does anyone has Idea which exact permission role is required to get other users information into the Flow (Like SharePoint Site Collection Admin, or Global Admin etc.)

please address me the right solution.

Thanks in Advance,

Dev_Nikhil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Permission level for Get User Information

Hi @Dev_Nikhil ,

I did a test on my side and created a connection for Get user profile action using the account of the user who was not assigned any admin role. It also gets the profile of the specified user.

If you are a Global Admin, you don't need to consider permissions. The features in Office 365 should work fine, as long as the corresponding license is assigned.

The permissions required for Get my profile action seem to have little to do with admin role. Please refer to the following online doc to see the permissions is required to call Get user API.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/user-get?view=graph-rest-1.0

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Permission level for Get User Information

Hi @Dev_Nikhil ,

I did a test on my side and created a connection for Get user profile action using the account of the user who was not assigned any admin role. It also gets the profile of the specified user.

If you are a Global Admin, you don't need to consider permissions. The features in Office 365 should work fine, as long as the corresponding license is assigned.

The permissions required for Get my profile action seem to have little to do with admin role. Please refer to the following online doc to see the permissions is required to call Get user API.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/user-get?view=graph-rest-1.0

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,291)